Exit and emergency lights are often an overlooked area of fire protection. These mandatory pieces of equipment require more than you may think. Here are few questions people ask us about their exit and emergency light inspections.
Do my exit and emergency lights need tested?
- Yes. E-lights should be tested monthly at the user level and annually by an outside vendor.
What does a proper test consist of?
- Two tests should be performed during the annual inspection.
- The 30 second push button test
- The 90 minute illumination test
Will testing interrupt my business?
- No. Exit and emergency light testing will not interfere with your business productivity.
For more detailed information, check out this post on proper exit and emergency light testing procedure or feel free to contact us directly.